Friday, October 8

Accomplished

This should be my last poem for a while. This poetry streak has been a quartet, and in the next post, whenever it may be, I will return to my more traditional stuff. I hope this poem is understandable. I figured I'd write a clear end to my unplanned "quartet", and it turned out to be even more straight-forward than I thought it would.

I feel I have accomplished something
That nonequivalent fear and self-worth
That sense of value in something unseen
Brought in sadness slower than mirth

Something secret, something great today
A truth impossible for me to say
Something known, but I can't be sure
An invisible vibrato, a harmonic blur

It's sustainable and definite
It's my favorite kind of peace
It's unbelievably infinite
Guilt will but seldom cease

Don't get me wrong, hear me correct
It's nothing that I will neglect
Words twist with attempted rhyme
My message isn't fully mine

(I want to turn from light you've shone
And against your wisdom, need be alone
Listen closely, and please dissect
Please, please destroy this intellect)

Disparate, desperate, so it will go
Definitions of thisself again
Stability, as I'm sure you know
Is more vital than what I've been

Looking forward toward my past
Careful now, you shouldn't laugh
Prime construction will now commence
Off blueprints o' my ol' appetence

Apologies have long since faded
Belles ring and ring, and I wondered why
I'm disconnected, but hardly jaded
I wanted, but lost my want to try

As slumber comes in pulses, less easily
I hold a smile to what I'd prudently wished
And my thoughts come with tenor, but brevity
It's hastily, unsteadily accomplished


Hmm...

3 comments:

  1. You shouldn't stop posting poems so soon. Because this is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It won't be permanent, sheesh. Just for a while......

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last comment could have been perceived as a bit snarky. Sorry... That wasn't the intended tone...

    ReplyDelete

Followers