Monday, September 27

Thought Momentum

I can't define
Myself and you
The truth is lost
Under what's untrue
This mind of mine
Fears a murmur
Feels the shake
A distant tremor

Apologies for
What is forgiven
Then changes into
What is not
Sympathies for
Pain interwoven
All through you
In one shot

Dying again
Convoluted dreams
My mind has been
Tearing the seams

Shortened reply
To what's been said
Before you tried
Was already dead

Words unspoken
Thoughts re-awoken
Obviously confused
Lost and amused

Question held out
Offered to you
On hands stretched
Answer in view
Severing doubt
Delayed recollection
Unstoppable motion
Will not congrue


How is it that I've missed the point
That once one is taken from sanity,
He cannot return unfazed?

The incredible momentum of thoughts anoint
That question - what I want and do believe -
Stops for nothing set ablaze...


My Grandma just passed away minutes ago, and the resulting effect it has had on me is one I can't so well define. It's an emotion probably blocked by residual manifested thoughts that I've had over the past few days. Yet, it might not be blocked at all. I find myself without the confidantes I once had, and I guess it has thrown me onto a different track...

This poem is not one I particularly like, but it's one I fully understand. That's a good thing, because I wrote it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really sorry about your Grandma, Seth. Unlike you I really like this poem especially the part about not being able to return unfazed from sanity taken. I also really like TWPIK. I'm glad it's back.

    ReplyDelete

Followers