Sunday, September 19

An Interstellar Burst

5/1/11 - This is still my personal favorite...

Disrupt, receive, recall, decline
A shadow over head
A new hope stems instead
Overwrought, clouded, undefined

Find the one who calls back to you
Find your Worlds shaken
Everything is broken
Take days to dry subliminal glue

Awoke, then had a dream
Not as deep as it sounds
For everything we've found
Is held by intangible seams

Fourth dimension hit a wall
But it's flowing right back into me
All the Worlds I can see
Direction, purpose, destiny

By leaps and bounds, I will ascend.
"In an interstellar burst
I'm back to save the universe"
Intrepid as the climax ends

6 comments:

  1. I... woah. This poem is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a deep deep sleep of the innocent, I am born again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that I added the quotations after posting the poem... I didn't mean to come across as plagiarizing. When I wrote this last night I didn't think about punctuation and wanted to head off to bed.

    The lines in quotes are from "Airbag" by Radiohead, as I'm sure you've discovered. It's one of my favorite songs. Those lines just came to my head, and I liked them, they fit, so I kept them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't saying you were plagiarizing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pshh... I was joking about the plagiarizing. They do fit. This poem touches, Seth. Well done..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha okay now I feel better I was thinking... Wait a darned second here, it was just an innocent continuation of the quote!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers