Friday, January 2

The Nostalgia

A memory, a clear dream
A dripping cone of ice cream
Days so windy they would hurt
The seas of gulls in a desert

Greetings with outstretched arms
Now we're safe from harm
Friends and borrowed hats
They could never relate to that...

Background discussions over wine
Sitting on carpet while we dine
Laughing at the top of our lungs
Our silly jokes and puns...

A car ride while it snows
Tired eyes and a runny nose
Unsaid words, a warm touch
Didn't have to amount to much

One of these days I'll think of you
I'll think of the ages we're coming to
The nostalgia seems so transient
Sending memories off on a tangent...



A poem three and a half years in the making, I guess. Well, I wrote it that long ago. Yes, SumodudeSalad is back. And yes, it has a lot to do with my other blog, Sumo Sonatas, being so active. It's kind of an under-the-radar comeback, but I think I'm okay with that. I'm not going to say, "expect big things!" or anything, but you can generally expect to see more activity here (especially after all that Camp Mix hubbub dies down a bit)...

This is the first in a trilogy of old poems I'm planning to post over the next two weeks. After that, we shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers