Friday, January 9

The Nostalgia Swells

The quick glance, the stymied smile
Those brief moments erstwhile
Always under evaluation
Inveterate hopes and expectations

From the lens of a stolen moment
I found proof of your involvement
I see hints of its actuality
Against imagined practicality...

Mnemonic frequency increases
Reset the board and its pieces
An idioglossic glance
Affirmed I had a chance...

The distant birds, the lapping waves
I hear you in my mental caves
From the echoes of recurring thoughts
The nostalgia swells, the mind is wrought.

You were glowing in the firelight
On that warm but ever distant night
Worlds shifted when I heard you sing
A simple and wondrous and beautiful thing...

Now I wonder all the time
Were those the days of our prime?
Let's look to what the future holds
As we've a while until we're old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers