Saturday, April 9

In Place

I guess it's something predictable
But I never see it speeding this way
An actual obstacle
I guess it's what I'm about to say

I had to face a question
In the midst of self-doubt
After due hesitation
Was relieved to get out

I think it would be easier
To imagine you as distant
If you weren't so very close to me
If I didn't ever really care

I always swerve to disaster
You said you wished it was different
And every time you redirect me
It creates a stillness in the air

I wonder if I need new friends
Add them to my old
Simple as it should have been
I wonder if I'll fold

I could crumble away... forever
But you'd pick up my pieces
Then glue me back together...

I can't imagine my life
Without your lovely face
Without unnecessary strife
Without you somewhere in place

In these situations I'm relapsing
You know I'm hesitating
I'll lean on you to prevent collapsing
And thank you by not waiting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers