Wednesday, March 23

Bored of Memories

Worried for no reason
I will wait until your call
And try to see the substance
Of infrequent future history

I hope for every season
Except winter, spring and fall
Where intrigue meets ignorance
Then creates a fuzzy memory

I would flash-freeze the minute
When I thought I saw a strain
A shard of hope from your innocent eyes
Was it not a kind of ploy?

There is something within it
That I doubt I will retain
My mental board of innocuous lies
Memories I can't destroy

Yet I seem to revive them
Each and every single little day
I instill no strategy to repress
What is often and always a repetitive chore

When I'm here by my lonesome
In the tiniest, least significant way
I loathe the memories I possess
These overwrought thoughts are now a bore

1 comment:

  1. Find a way to turn those tiresome memories into sepia snapshots. That's what I did with mine and it freed up up a significant amount of room in my mind to pursue other more rewarding interests.

    ReplyDelete

Followers