Tuesday, August 10

Promises

My ears are ringing. Can you hear them?
Your shrieks of outcry pierce my brain.
The music I play now is tied in knots.
Once precisely convoluted. It touches the insane.

My eyes are bleeding. I'm not crying.
Tears are for humans. For those who feel pain.
I shouldn't see you as well as I see her.
Fingers move in jagged patterns. Sweat on the keys stain.

Fears found. Promises shattered. Hopes lost.
Level mind, am I okay? Can't I decide?
Nevermind. I live to break another promise.
Under my mind, I'm solipsistic. From the promises I hide.

Fears found. Promises shattered. Hopes lost.
Fears found. Promises shattered. Hopes lost.
Hopes lost. Promises gone. Fears still here.
Hopes lost. Promises gone. Fears still hear.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I left two comments and then I deleted them but then it showed that I left two comments and deleted them! What is the point of giving you the option of deleting if they show that you did some deleting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could have read your comments.

    ReplyDelete

Followers